- Bar Ilan Classic Library
Simple to use...
Yet more powerful than anything that exists...
Access and search...
Centuries of scholarship & wisdom in a split
View Original Hebrew Text, & Commentaries at once!
HYPER-LINKS throughout make this CD a most
productive tool for research...
For 2003 Bar Ilan University is introducing a brand
new version called The Bar Ilan Classic Library.
This new version is the same as Bar Ilans' other two
larger versions with the exception of the Responsa
texts at a substantially reduced price!
Features - Bar Ilan Classic Library
- New Commentary in this version include:
Tosafos, with the unparalleled accuracy based on
critical checking of the texts, that is Bar Ilan's
- New Citations allow you to look up a verse
(pasuk) in Tanach, for example, press a button, and
automatically have instant access to every place
where that verse is discussed on any page of the
- New Hyperlinks feature - Imagine learning
Tosafos who cites a passage in the Midrash Rabbah.
Press on a hyperlink and automatically view the
relevant passage in the Midrash.
ADDITIONAL NOTEWORTHY FEATURES:
- Hypertext Links between: Chiddushei Ritva & Talmud Bavli
& Yerushalmi Zohar & Tanach
- Ability to display cross references & commentaries on
individual Tanach verse
- Ability to print multiple texts consecutively without
- Ability to customize appearance of database tree.
- Ability to scroll database with "mouse wheel".
- Ability to "drag and drop" text.
- Ability to search notes and annotated texts.
- Ability to print and save text and notes.
- Ability to print and save copy of Shulchan Aruch without
references and supercommentaries.
- Virtual Hebrew Keyboard for simplified Hebrew text
- Index of Periodicals a total of 19,000 article titles
- Instant Daf Yomi lookup - Includes: Talmud Rashi &
Tosefot - Hypertext - Linked with Rambam - Talmud sentence
punctuation, plus Instant Abbreviation Dictionary. In
addition you have instant access to Rishonim & Achronim
throughout the database.
- Hypertext between the Bible, Mishnah, Talmud Bavli
and Minor Tractates.
- Hypertext between Rashi/Tosafos and the following
databases: Bible Mishnah, Tosefta, Minor Tractates,
Talmud Bavli, Rashi, Tosafos, Talmud Yerushalmi, Aggadic
Midrashim, Halachic Midrashim
- Hypertext between Shulchan Aruch/Rema
- Cross references to biblical citations in other
databases (Mishnah, Talmud Bavli, Minor Tractates, Rashi
on the Bavli, Tosafos)
Enhancements to the Copy and Paste feature:
- Pasting to the clipboard, file or printer
- Copying selected search results in a window
All words of the search string are highlighted in search
results Windows and expanded display windows
- Option to display only selected search results
- Use of different fonts:
- In Parsha databases: dibbur haMaskil appears in a
different font than regular text
- In Shulchan Aruch database (Beis Yosef and Rema)
Forms in the Filtered Search screen can be listed in order
of frequency or in alphabetical order.
ADDITIONAL STUDY TOOLS
- GEMATRIA SYSTEM
- BOOLEAN SEARCH
- QUICK EASY SEARCH
- DIKDUK SEARCH
- BIOGRAPHIES of RABBIS (In Hebrew or English)
- INSTANT DAF YOMI SYSTEM
NEW FEATURES ADDED IN PREVIOUS VERSIONS
The Best... keeps getting BETTER! Version
11.0 has all new "SMART HYPERTEXT" & INDEX. Plus New
online tooltip Dictionary of abbreviations. Wild Card
Search... New Interface... More Hyperlinks than ever OVER
280,000! New enhanced "PinPoint" Search Tools... Links to
Talmudic Sugyot... New Links to and from... Rambam,
Shulchan Aruch. Special Instant Tanach & Commentary
"look-up" with state of the art HYPERTEXT... Enhanced
interface and color printing abilities... Jewish Name
Directory Linked to Tanach... Virtual Hebrew Keyboard...
Search on punctuation... Right click options... Jewish/Greogrian
Calendar converter... and more! Includes: Concordance -
Boolean Search - Print - Copy & Paste - Gematria &
Hypertext Complete with Hebrew Fonts for English Windows -
No additional software or hardware needed...
New Hypertext Links:
* Hypertext between the Rambam and Shulchan Aruch
* Hypertext between the Beit Yosef and Shulchan Aruch
* link of parallel sugyot within the Talmud Bavli
Online Tooltip Dictionary:
Expansion of the Dictionary of Abbreviations by databases:
* Aggadic Midrashim
* Halachic Midrashim
1. Hebrew-Gregorian Calendar
2. Biblical Verses for Personal Names
3. Limit search to not only specific books but paricular
parts of books
4. User-defined database groups
5. Save files in Rich Text Format, thereby preserving the
on-screen formatting, including colors and fonts
6. Printing in color
7. Copy text using standard Windows keyboard combinations
8. Right-cllick menu options
9. Support for a phonetic keyboard in English Windows
10. Active Database Window
11. Display all the Biblical Commentaries on a specific
chapter or verse in one window
Plus Much More:
All windows automatically locked
New search option - simple searches
New options for saved searches - Saved searches can now be
performed over multiple databases
User-assigned names for saved searches
The results of multiple saved searches can be combined
directly in a single saved search
New display options -
Filtering out duplicate search results from the same
Viewing only selected search results on screen
Displaying the actual text of citations, rather than just
a list of citations
Displaying breakdown of search results by database when
searching multiple databases
Text can be copied directly from text windows and expanded
display windows to the Search screen
Books in databases can be arranged alphabetically or in
their real order
In addition, thousands of new hypertext links have been