About - Trope Trainer
Chanting Torah, Haftarah is a great challenge for both Bar
Mitzvah student and adults learning cantillation. Trope
Trainer software is a revolutionary new program that
accelerates learning Torah and Haftarah chanting and makes
learning fun and easy. You'll love using the TropeTrainer
software because you learn at your own pace, with features
customized to suit your learning level. The full set of
tutorials and exercises get you chanting with ease. All the
Torah portions and their associated Haftarot are presented,
taught and chanted in your choice of trope melody, in
Ashkenazic or Sephardic pronunciation. Choose any musical key,
a wide range of singing speeds, voice selection, and much much
more. You'll be amazed how much time and effort you'll save!
Features - Trope Trainer Standard
* Play a word, phrase, verse or entire reading.
* Adjust the speed and pitch of singing to match your voice
and level of proficiency.
* Select the pronounciation (Ashkenazic or Sephardic) that you
wish to hear.
* Select a melody (niggun) style. Various styles standard to
many Orthodox, Conservative, and Reform synagogues - from
Ashkenazic and Sephardic traditions -are included.
* View an English translation of each verse and a
transliteration of every word with your pronunciation
selection and see musical notes in your selected melody.
* Display texts in your choice of Chumash, Torah (Stam), or
two-column Tikkun style.
* Display and print whole portions or selected aliyot. Single
verses or user-selected combinations of verses can also be
selected for display and print to account for local customs.
* Learn from portion itself, or learn from for beginners and
reviewers alike that demonstrate the important aspects of
tropes and cantillation.
* Use the more than 35,000 exercise examples from actual Torah
and Haftarah phrases and verses to get almost unlimited
practice. (Exercises are organized by groups of tropes.)
* Identify reading stops for full, triennial,holiday and
* Optionally show customizable colored highlights that
identify common trope phrases and optionally show colored
tropes that distinguish lord and servant tropes.
* Distinguish Sh'va-na and Sh'va-nach, Qamatz-gadol and
Qamatz-katon to aid in proper pronunciation.
* Use the Reading Selector to automatically display combined
and separate Torah portions based on year and location.
Special holiday Maftir and Haftarah readings are automatically
displayed. Readings can also be selected from a "perpetual"
Jewish Holiday calendar showing all days when Torah is read.
Bar Mitzvah planning couldn't be easier!
* "Singing"trope charts are included for those with previous
PERPETUAL HEBREW CALENDAR
TropeTrainer(tm) software includes a "perpetual" calendar
including every Shabbas and Jewish Holiday during which Torah
is read. The calendar features adjustments for the difference
between weekly Torah portions that are read in the Diaspora
versus those read in Israel. Outside of Israel, Sukkos, Pesach
and Shavuos are celebrated one day longer than they are inside
Israel. When this extra day occurs on Shabbos, in Israel the
regular weekly Torah portion is read, while the Holiday
portion is chanted everywhere else. Several weeks after that
Holiday, those outside of Israel read a double Torah portion,
while those in Israel read a single portion. In this way,
those in the Diaspora catch up to the portion read in Israel.
The "perpetual" Jewish Holiday calendar included in
TropeTrainer(tm) software helps you find the right portion for
your BarMitzvah. Simply click to the year and month of your
birth, click on the date, and see your Hebrew calendar
birthdate. (Note: if you were born after sunset, the Hebrew
calendar birthdate will be the next day.)
New Features in Version 4
* Choose between chanting or speaking of Hebrew text
* Improved Navigation
* Instrumental accompaniment with your choice of over 100
instruments. Select accompaniment with chanting, no
accompaniment, or just instrumental
* Improved speech synthesis with higher quality of voices
* Optional Download Audio* to your iPod™ or other MP3 players
using iTunes™ (allows 3 downloads)